I am a qualified and certified Dog Groomer. My dog grooming services are tailored to special need dogs. I do not run a grooming parlour nor do I groom on a regular basis for ‘normal’ dogs. Instead I specialise and concentrate on the following issues and situations. I will often carry out certain grooming tasks, and talk through grooming, with existing behavioural or training clients that also require this service. For certain dogs, going to a grooming parlour is not an option, I tailor all my grooming to the individual dog and owner.
What makes me different
- I do not use a grooming table.
- All grooming is carried out on the floor.
- I normally groom dogs in their own home, for their comfort.
- Grooming can be carried out at my base if required.
- Grooming is down at the dogs pace, even if this means several visits to complete.
- As a qualified canine psychologist, behaviourist and trainer I am able to handle special case and difficult dogs that many grooming parlours cannot, or will not, manage.
- I often train owners to complete many aspects of grooming themselves (if requested and required).
- The dog is put first in all situations.
- Many elderly dogs struggle to stand for the length of time required for a full groom at a grooming parlour.
- Old dogs can suffer joint problems, general pain and discomfort and other issues which can make grooming painful for them
- As dogs age their skin becomes weaker, brittle and more susceptible to injury.
- Older dogs can be less tolerant and object to being groomed.
- Rescue dogs can come with a whole host of issues which can make them difficult to groom.
- Rescue dogs can be fearful of the unknown, strangers and the grooming environment.
- Rescue dogs (or the owners of rescue dogs) may not wish to leave them alone at the groomers, due to separation anxiety, fear, etc.
- There can be many health reasons why dogs cannot manage a trip to the parlour.
- I specialise in catering for any dogs requirements.
Nervous or Aggressive Dogs
- Nervous or aggressive dogs can be a real problem to groom.
- Many grooming parlours will not except aggressive dogs and many others are not trained or qualified to deal with them.
- Grooming parlours can be very scary places for dogs, a new environment, strange people, noisy, different unusual smells, many other different dogs and their smells.
- Some dogs may have had a previous bad experience at the grooming parlour.
Dogs Up for Adoption
- I have experience of ‘sprucing’ dogs up for the photo’s, ready to be adopted, so making them look their best.
- I can carry out simple nail clipping.
- I am experienced in clipping dogs’ nails who do not want their nails clipped!
- I can also teach owners how to do this.
- In some cases, it is the owner that may not be able to get to or want to go to a traditional groomers.
- Whatever the reason, please do contact me to discuss your needs and requirements.
- I often get referrals, from grooming parlours, vets, other owners, when a traditional grooming service is not an option.
- If I feel my services are not appropriate I will also refer clients back to trusted groomers or other companies.
- Whatever your requirements, please do contact me to talk through how I may be of assistance.
- Please contact me for prices as this varies with the situation and service required.